One-day workshop / course " Western European Employment Law & HR for HR Professionals and Business Managers " (in English)
As an HR-professional or Business Manager working in an International company with global and regional presence you wish to gain expertise in Labour law and Employee Relations of multiple countries: Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain, ‘the Nordics’ and any other country you might be interested in.
You want to find answers to questions such as: what are the rules governing restructuring in the various countries your company is active.
For example The Netherlands out of many other things expects you to be almost scientific in the numerical backing up of your plans and conduct negotiations with stakeholders such as individual employees, the Works Council, Trade Unions, also in terms of who is identified for dismissal. Whereas the Law in the France out of many other things expects a very concrete redeployment plan and approvals from the Labour authorities. And in Belgium amongst many things, in a collective dismissal emphasis is laid on the severance pay and setting up a re-employment unit by the company.
You would like to not only understand the”Law of the Land” of different countries but also understand the context ,dynamics ,sensitivities and priorities of Industrial Relations and Employee Relations of different countries in Western Europe.
The workshop adequately equips you to provide the right (HR) leadership and take prudent decisions related to people and management. While you are operating from your regional Headquarters or Global Headquarters: what are the questions to ask your advisors, inside or outside your company -and how do you appreciate and trust on the information available with you?
You may have an understanding of Employment Law and HR of one country and want to expand that expertise over multiple countries.
Individual attention is warranted with a maximum group size of six participants. We focus on solutions for the cases that you bring to the session.
Here is the programme that is just suitable for you!
Who should be taking this Programme
- HR professional at beginners stage
- Experienced HR professionals playing Global and Regional roles
- Business Managers in Global and Regional Roles
- HR and Business Managers planning to expand into other countires
- Legal Professionals
- Employee Relations Specialists
During the workshop we will cover
- The characteristics and basics of Labour & Employment Law for the various Western European countries.
- Several commonalities and differences in Labour law, employment relations , legal & HR (procedural systems) in various Western European countries
- The Labour Law statutory due diligence that is needed to incubate new operations or to expand operations in different countries
- The contracting models and employment terms of various countries
- Handling reorganization, restructuring, takeover and merger etc in different countries
- Equip you to deal with external parties to be compliant and take judicious decisions
- The philosophies and guidelines on Employee Benefits in the various countries
- Understanding of the salary, wage structures and minimum wages of different countries
- Role of employee representative groups in different countries. Do they enjoy similar powers and responsibilities in all the Western Countries and how do they vary?
Benefits from the Programme
- Gain strong Foundational Knowledge of Labour Law of various Western European countries
- Insights, dynamics, sensitivities regarding Labour relations of different countries
- Understanding of the Latest Developments in the Labour Law across multiple countries
- Cross learning from diverse set of professionals from different countries and backgrounds
- Individual attention with maximum group size of six participants
- Solutions for the cases that you bring to the session
- A certificate of achievement
Workshop locations and dates
- The workshops are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at including an extensive lunch in the brasserie.
Social Impact Factory in Utrecht, Vredenburg 40, within walking distance of CS Utrecht (30 min from Amsterdam Schiphol airport)
0 Wednesday, February 5th, 2020
0 Monday, March 2nd, 2020
We also offer this workshop as in-Company session, customized to the needs of your organization.
€ 795, excluding VAT, including English language reading materials.
If your branch, professional or network organization has a cooperation agreement with us, a discount may apply. Indicate this under remarks during registration, stating the organization.