Learning path Dutch Labour Law and HRM for contemporary management (in English)
One-day workshop “Flexible labour relations in the Netherlands”
Many organizations in the Netherlands work with a "flexible shell". Self-employed workers and temporary workers are often hired to eliminate peak moments or to work on specific assignments. However, the rules concerning the hiring of temporary work, the deployment of temporary workers and freelancers are complex and labour law is constantly changing, most recently with the introduction of the Labour Market in Balance Act (WAB) which applies since 2020.
As a good employer, working in an international company based in the Netherlands, how do you deal with persons working for you under a variety of flexible employment relationships?
The following topics are covered in this workshop:
- The role of the employment contract, legally watertight contract formation, job description and role description.
- What are the new legal ins & outs of the different types of employment contracts, in particular the flexible forms of work such as temporary, on-call, min-max, temporary agency workers, self-employed workers, etc.? What are the tax aspects that you have to take into account?
- Which method of hiring staff fits best with our organization? There are temporary employment agencies, secondment agencies, labour pools, payrollers, what are the advantages and disadvantages associated with that choice?
- The importance of monitoring the application of the various forms of temporary hiring in practice.
- End of contract: does transition compensation also apply to flexible employment relationships? What are the consequences of the Labour Market in Balance Act (WAB)?
- What does the (scope of) the ‘flexible shell’ mean for the organization of the company and the sense of belonging and innovative power of staff, both permanent and temporary?
Benefits from the programme
After attending this workshop with a maximum of six participants you have knowledge of the relevant Dutch legislation and regulations, the various contemporary HR visions on the balance between permanent and temporary staff and you know how to apply them in practice as a manager or HR-professional in a way that suits you and your organization.
In addition, you go home with solutions to the cases you brought in during the workshop, so that you can achieve concrete results.
A certificate of achievement is provided.
The workshops are held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Villa Mollerus in Baarn, 10 m. walk from Baarn train station (Mollerusstraat 1, circa 30 min. from Amsterdam and Utrecht). They always include an extensive lunch, in the same building.
‘On location’ workshops are hybrid, i.e. they allow for online participation as well, which works well given the fact that we work in small groups (maximum number of 6 participants). The prices for the on-site and online workshops are the same.
We also offer the module / workshop on an in-company or on a one-on-one basis, customized to the needs of your organization, with different prices.
Dates in 2022
€ 795, excluding VAT, including reading materials, lunch, coffee/tea.
If your branch, professional or network organization has a cooperation agreement with us, a discount may apply. Indicate this under remarks during registration, stating the organization.
“The course was extremely useful - I feel a lot more informed and confident to purse matters in the workplace. I like the approach - not 'death by powerpoint'! Was never boring. About the trainer: 10/10, very easy to listen to, engaging and relaxed. I like the inclusion of group experience and advice too."- Janine Smith, Sofis
"Really useful course for my work. I work in HR in the Netherlands for a mid-large size company. It really showed me areas we aren't doing things correctly, and where we can improve."- Jeanie Edwards, Backbase B.V.
“I appreciated that the trainer could share his rich experience in Dutch employment law and that we could discuss specific practical examples in a small group of participants."- Kerstin Herzog, Brunswick Marine EMEA